By Robert V. Kemper,Anya Peterson Royce,Wade Pendleton,T Scarlett Epstein,Ulla C. Johansen,Douglas R. White,Louise Lamphere,Evon Z. Vogt,Richard B. Lee,Megan Biesele,Thayer Scudder,Elizabeth Colson,Lisa Cliggett,George M. Foster,Peter S. Cahn
Read Online or Download Chronicling Cultures: Long-Term Field Research in Anthropology PDF
Similar anthropology books
First released in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The musical style of taarab is performed for leisure at weddings and different festive events all alongside the Swahili Coast in East Africa. Taarab comprises all of the good points of a regular 'Indian Ocean' song, combining affects from Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula, India and the West with neighborhood musical practices.
Skinny at the flooring: Neandertal Biology, Archeology and Ecology synthesizes the present wisdom approximately our sister species the Neandertals, combining facts from a number of disciplines to arrive a cohesive idea in the back of Neandertal low inhabitants densities and relatively low expense of technological innovation.
At midcentury, certain Polish immigrant groups—those Polish americans who have been descendants of financial immigrants from the flip of the 20 th century and the Polish political refugees who selected exile after international struggle II and the communist takeover in Poland—faced an uneasy problem to reconcile their thoughts of accountability towards the place of origin.
- Huaorani of the Western Snippet
- The Lubicon Lake Nation: Indigenous Knowledge and Power
- Jung and Shamanism in Dialogue: Retrieving the Soul, Retrieving the Sacred
- Them That Believe: The Power and Meaning of the Christian Serpent-Handling Tradition
- A Clan Mother's Call: Reconstructing Haudenosaunee Cultural Memory (SUNY series in Critical Haudenosaunee Studies)
- Biocultural Evolution: The Anthropology of Human Prehistory
Additional resources for Chronicling Cultures: Long-Term Field Research in Anthropology