By Chris Meehan
By David Weintraub
By Steve Roper
By Melinda Crow
Easy-to-use maps and charts will simplify your look for the precise campground. You’ll additionally locate important info on camp destinations, charges and reservations, amenities and hookups, leisure actions, climate and geography, and native points of interest. Camping Colorado offers necessary pointers on tenting etiquette, tenting with young children, and enjoying—or avoiding—the state’s various and plentiful wildlife.
Facilities and hookups
Fees and reservations
GPS coordinates for every campground
Tips on flora and fauna, defense, and zero-impact camping
By Reinhard Mäurer
Neben kulturellen und kulinarischen Aspekten seiner Streifzüge stehen auch landschaftliche Highlights, verbunden mit geschichtlichem Hintergrundwissen, im Mittelpunkt diese Werks. Reinhard Mäurer macht einen Abstecher nach Hellenthal zum Wildgehege und der bekannten Greifvogelstation, wo atemberaubende Flugvorführungen stattfinden, und in den Nationalpark Nordeifel, der eine vielseitige Tier- und Pflanzenwelt beheimatet.
By Lisa Densmore Ballard
Whether to absorb a 360-degree view mountaintop view, a dramatic waterfall, or a pristine pond, this ebook takes readers to thirty-five of the simplest day hikes and weekend backpacking journeys within the eco-friendly Mountains, a few famous and others off the overwhelmed course.
By Stephen Mauro,Beth Homicz
INSIDE YOU’LL FIND
- 50 mountain climbing journeys for all skill degrees and seasons
- At-a-glance journey planner that can assist you locate the journey that’s correct for you
- specified maps exhibiting parking parts, trails, and average highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and trouble point for every trail
- GPS coordinates for trailheads
- mountaineering and safeguard advice, together with recommendation on what to hold on your pack
- Essays on nature and historical past of the region
“This amazing guidebook leads readers to attractive common panoramas and websites of nationwide value. an individual eager to stroll via history—or simply opt for a great walk—should hold it of their daypack.”
—Ann Marie Maher, govt Director
Prince William-Manassas conference and viewers Bureau
STEPHEN MAURO has lived within the Washington, D.C., sector for 15 years and hikes broadly there. he's a senior editor for Wild West journal and a replica editor for Aviation heritage magazine.
BETH HOMICZ certified for her Washington, D.C., travel consultant license in 1994 and has led greater than 15,000 members on journeys round the capital urban. A former columnist for locations journal, her writing has additionally seemed within the Washington Post.
By Manuel Andrack
By David Black
In David Black’s Canyoneering: A advisor to strategies for rainy and Dry Canyons, readers research the dangers and dangers of canyoneering, the talents required to realize mastery of canyoneering variety and procedure, and straightforward, potent how you can negotiate harmful terrain. This accomplished up-to-date, thorough, and to-the-point consultant will supply simply understood descriptions of abilities utilized by modern canyoneers and advertise uncomplicated ideas for fixing advanced difficulties. the aim of this publication is to equip canyoneers in any respect degrees with the technical talents they should get pleasure from a fresh canyoneering adventure and stay away from harmful error. This full-color publication is the single advisor counseled by way of the yankee Canyoneering Association.
Includes info on:
- The correct solution to observe mountain climbing, caving, and whitewater talents to technical canyoneering
- An rationalization of technical canyon ratings
- Simple, potent how one can negotiate harmful terrain
- Twelve vintage canyons in North the USA and their ratings
- ACA-certified teachers, courses, and advisor service
By Robert N. Buchsbaum