By Harold Bloom
Read Online or Download A Tale of Two Cities (Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The Nobel Prize-winning dramatist Luigi Pirandello (1867-1936) is surely probably the most leading edge playwrights of the 20 th century and likewise some of the most complicated. whereas his effect unfold all through modernist and postmodernist works, many first-time audiences and readers are faced with the trouble linked to this type of radical aesthetic adventure.
William Gibson, writer of the cyberpunk vintage, Neuromancer (1984), is one today’s most generally learn technological know-how fiction writers. This better half is intended either for basic readers and for students attracted to Gibson’s oeuvre. as well as delivering a literary and cultural context for works starting from Gibson’s first brief tale, “Fragments of a Hologram Rose” (1977), to his fresh, bestselling novel, 0 background (2010), the spouse deals observation on Gibson’s topics, issues, and techniques.
This accomplished research of literary responses to Antarctica examines the wealthy physique of literature that the continent has provoked over the past 3 centuries, focussing rather on narrative fiction. Novelists as assorted as Edgar Allan Poe, James Fenimore Cooper, Jules Verne, H. P. Lovecraft, Ursula Le Guin, Beryl Bainbridge and Kim Stanley Robinson have all been drawn artistically to the a long way south.
Company and the businessman have had a basic position in American society because the inception of the country. This guiding principle, the ‘gospel of wealth’, is a critical main issue within the novels of Theodore Dreiser and his contemporaries. First released in 1987, this study sets this staff of writers of their ancient context and exhibits how they elaborated the assumption of wealth as an item of quasi-religious quest.
- Embodying Beauty: Twentieth-Century American Women Writers' Aesthetics (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Please, No More Poetry: The Poetry of derek beaulieu (Laurier Poetry)
- Functions of the Fantastic: Selected Essays from the Thirteenth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts (Contributions to the Study of Science Fiction & Fantasy)
- Princ Literary Criticism V3: Volume 10 (Selections)
- The Cambridge Companion to The Waste Land (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Additional resources for A Tale of Two Cities (Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations)