– Systematic investigation on manufacturing, processing-structure-property relationships in adaptive structures, particularly NiTi, NiTiHf, NiTiCu, CoNiAl, NiMnGa shape memory alloys (SMAs),
– Cyclic thermomechanical experiments and multi-scale in-situ and ex-situ material characterization (using digital image correlation (DIC), scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM, TEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) etc.) ,
– Additive manufacturing (AM) ,
– Modeling and position/force control of SMA based solid-state actuator systems,
– Soft robotics, grippers, mechatronics, biomedical, biomechatronic and underwater applications of shape memory alloys.
Let’s collaborate and transform new ideas into new tangible tools using shape memory alloys in tubular, wire, strip, sheet or bar forms
“Our main objective is to design SMA based smart mechatronics products in different fields, such as robotics, biomedical and biomechatronics ” SD